Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"I feel the earth move under my feet..."

WOW -- yesterday, April 29th at just past 8:00 pm we had an earthquake that registered 5.2 and the epi-center was 10 miles from our home!  Boy did our home shake.  Now, being from California I have been in a few quakes but this was the biggest I remember.  Here is a link to an article about this natural event and our little town of Willow Creek.

Now that we've gotten THAT out of the way I want to comment on the Avenue of the Giants 10k run that I will be in this Sunday.  I am excited about it and a little nervous.  Avenue of the Giants is a Boston Qualifier which means that there will be some very serious runners there.  The run will be chip-timed and I have never been in a race that is that formal and technical.  I can't wait! I will definitely post some pics and play by play after it is all over.  Wish me well!


No comments: