Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My first Half Marathon -- WooooooHoooo!

Here I am crossing the finish line!  What a feeling of accomplishment.  

I signed up for the Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon a month ago when my training for it was going well.  Then I got sick.  For two weeks I was unable to train and we all know what that means, right? Next thing I know it is off to Kentucky to meet with my friends for the Susan Komen run (see below) and I was exhausted when I got home. I started psyching myself out over doing the half. Well, I finally just decided to do it and quit worrying about it and the training I had done would be enough -- afterall, I wasn't looking for a great time or a PR -- naw, I would be happy to finish.  

Running in the Redwoods is so exhilarating!  If you ever have the chance to do a run here I encourage you to do so.  The course is relatively flat, the temps in the 50-60's, great people, great running club & sponsors and just an all around good feeling. Now to go get my tattoo!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hi Shell! Emil sent me here. He and Janet and my husband, Steve, and I went to Bethany together many years ago. I am sooo glad he found you after Janet passed on! And look at you, soo gorgeous!! Hurrah for the weight loss and running! I am not a runner. (Have one leg slightly longer, so running is hard on my back.)But you are an inspiration to get going on my exercise program again. God bless you!